Vocal Trash Wants Your Ideas For Earth Day!
With Earth Day today, you are likely thinking about the environment and recycling a lot more. Anyone who is dedicated to sustainability and saving the planet will occasionally feel angry and confused. Why aren’t there appropriate recycling bins everywhere? Why are products and packaging materials still being manufactured that are so bad for Mother Earth? Why won’t everyone do their part?
Yet, it’s important to remain positive and hopeful. The Vocal Trash crew urges you to think of even just one little way you can change your own behavior and purchasing habits. Focus on those areas that you DO have control over! Try to encourage and inspire others to follow in your conservation foot steps this Earth Day.
Here Are Some Ideas:
- Switch to 100% recycled fiber toilet paper and save 500,000 trees from being cut down!
- Keep your sandwiches in a reusable container to avoid dependence on plastic bags, which stay in landfills for 1,000 years!
- Leave reusable cloth grocery shopping bags in your car, so you never forget them!
- Instead of buying plastic bottle drinks, buy a reusable aluminum container for your beverages..and use it!
You CAN Make A Difference!
You may think, “What good will reusing just one bag really do?” But it’s amazing how the smallest action compounds over time. Think of it this way:
- If you reused just ONE bag in your everyday life… that would save around 6 bags a week.
- That works out to 288 bags per year saved from landfills.
- So, over the course of one’s lifetime, it would reduce the need for over 20,000 plastic bags!
Ditching plastic bags protects marine life, reduces energy consumption related to manufacturing, reduces the spread of toxins in the soil (that leech out of the bags over time as they decompose) and keeps our planet greener.
Hey Trash-Heads: Share Your Thoughts!
Sometimes people want to help, but they’re just not sure where to get started. You can lead by example and be a beacon of light to others this Earth Day and every day. Please share your ideas on one way you are making a difference today!
And, as always,
“THINK…Before You THROW IT AWAY!”
Vocal Trash is a troupe of environmental entertainers who have been engaging audiences with their unique and exciting brand of entertainment for a decade from New York to Seattle. Whether in Madison Square Garden or the Venetian Hotel and Casino, Vocal Trash is environmentally conscious using upcycled materials on stage. The group asks that you "THINK… before you throw it away!"