Vocal Trash’s “THINK” Program
What they will learn…
- The value of recycling, reusing , and upcycling through song and dance, doing so by taking lyrics and changing them into informative learning material.
- The value of composting and eliminating waste.
- The value of conserving energy.
- Kids will learn how to make “trash” into musical instruments.
- Kids will learn to “Just Say No” and “Stop Bullying” as VT explains how negative that can be through music.
- Kids will learn that recycling can be cool and fun by bringing in hit songs like “I Gotta Feeling” by the popular group Black Eyed Pea.
Materials used in performance…
- ALL of our instruments are made of “Upcycled” items rescued from a landfill.
- Tool box guitar and bass
- milk urn bass
- gas can guitar
- PVC pipes
- pots and pans, water bottles, trash can, hubcaps, trash can lids.
Details about what will happen in the 45 minute show…
- 25 minutes of recycled and hip music such as hits such as Queens “We will Rock you” but replaced with the the lyrics “We will Recycle”.
- 5 minutes of teaching the kids to just say no and stop bullying through songs like “Why Cant We Be Friends” from the band War.
- 5 minutes of teaching the kids how to make a musical instrument out of trash.
- 5 minutes of taking the mic into the audience, allowing the children to share with their peers items they have “upcycled” (Taking something old and making it new).
- Ending the show with our exciting original song “THINK…Before you throw it away.”